Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Designer Showcase


Have you ever attended the Designer Showcase? For those of you who have not, Designers work together and completely redo a large home in Tulsa, then sell tickets for people to view the home. (Proceeds go to TPS) I have always wanted to attend, so this year I bought tickets for my staff to go. The home this year is the "Bohart Mansion". It is very impressive as you drive up. This is a great opportunity to get ideas, see many different styles and view what look is popular right now. I have to say that I was very impressed with some areas, and some I was not. (Maybe just not my style) One look that stood out to me was the French linen fabrics used on drapes, pillows and furniture. (See a pic of our store above) This is one of my favorite looks, very vintage, but updated. (The laundry room was my favorite!) I was excited many items used that we have or have had in the store from time to time. If you are wanting to update a room in your home, this can be done by just adding a few new pieces. We would love to help you!

The Designer Showcase runs through this Sunday, May 23. It's a great place to go to get inspired. If you do attend, let us know your thoughts!

No comments: